The mining industry failed to live up to expectations in 2018, contributing less to Mexico’s GDP than forecast, according to a report presented by INEGI last week. Internationally, the rupture of the Minas Gerais dam in Brazil continues to be a leading industry topic while the Fraser Institute published its annual mining survey.
In our Interview of the Week, Mexico Mining Review caught up with First Majestic Silver, a company focused on silver production in Mexico. It owns and operates seven producing silver mines in the country. The Mexico Mining Review team spoke to President and CEO Keith Neumeyer and discussed the finances behind the company’s success!
Are you curious about the week in the mining industry? Read on …
- The mining industry was one of the brakes on Mexico’s GDP growth in 2018
- The price of palladium reached record highs due to strike threats
- Mining concessions could be submitted for consultation
- Endeavor is committed to the recovery of the Guanaceví mine
- Chile is the sixth-most attractive country in the world to invest in mining
- Mining industry to set global tailing dam standards
- Mining companies cozy up to renewables, not just for cost